In October 2016, Argentario Golf Resort & Spa in Italy will play host to the inaugural Tuscany Golf Pro-Am.
The 54-hole Pro-Am tournament will see pairs of one PGA Professional and one amateur compete for amateur prizes and a Professional Prize Fund of €30,000 from 1st – 3rd October 2016.
The Pro-AM is part of PGAs of Europe’s Sanctioned Event calendar. PGAs of Europe is an Association of 37 National PGAs (32 European and 5 international) with a collective membership in excess of 21,000 golf professionals. It is committed to the advancement of golf, golfers and the golf profession across Europe.
Located in coastal Tuscany, between the beaches of the Silver Coast and the vineyards of the Maremma countryside, Argentario Golf Resort & Spa features an 18-hole, eco-friendly championship golf course. The luxury hotel also offers design rooms and suites, a cutting-edge wellness center, and a restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine.
The following text is taken from the official press release by PGAs of Europe: “Argentario to Host Inaugural Tuscany Golf Pro-Am”
“We are honored to host this prestigious Pro Am in the calendar of the PGAs of Europe, and our mission is to make the participation in this prestigious event truly unique. During the Tuscany Golf Pro Am, players will discover a fascinating course and destination. Greens and fairways will be a true challenge for players of all levels. Away from the course, golfers will have a taste of Tuscan lifestyle, between local cuisine, relaxing spa breaks, sailing and excursions in the unexplored Maremma.” Augusto Orsini, General Manager of Argentario Golf Resort & Spa.
The Pro-Am also comes as a spotlight has been shone on Italy having recently been awarded the honour of hosting the 2022 Ryder Cup Matches at The Marco Simone Golf and Country Club just outside Rome and only 170 km from the Argentario Resort.
“The introduction of a Pro-Am in Italy has been timed perfectly to coincide with the country’s recent successful campaign to gain hosting rights for the Ryder Cup,” said PGAs of Europe Chief Executive, Ian Randell. “We have an excellent relationship with the PGA of Italy and this Pro-Am is just another way that we are able to work closely with golf in Italy. The event will no doubt attract a fantastic field of competitors from across Europe and to sample the delights of the Argentario Resort and Tuscany. We look forward to working with them in the coming months to make the event a success.”
PRO-AM PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- 5 night’s Single Accommodation (Amateurs) including breakfast from Thursday 29th September through to Monday 3rd October (Check out Tuesday 4th October)
- 5 night’s Twin Accommodation (Professionals) including breakfast from Thursday 29th September through to Monday 3rd October (Check out Tuesday 4th October)
- Complimentary use of all practice facilities throughout the event
- Official practice round
- Shared golf carts for all 4 rounds of golf, Professionals will be allowed to ride in golf carts for all rounds.
- Welcome Cocktail reception
- Gala dinner and awards ceremony
- €30,000 professional prize fund (based on 30 teams). The prize fund will decrease pro-rata by €1,000 for each team less than 30 competing
- Trophies to the leading 10 teams and the leading 3 professionals overall
Price per amateur: €3000.00
Professionals will be free of charge when accompanied by an amateur partner and will be provided with accommodation in a shared room with other Professionals.
Single Rooms are available for Professionals at a cost of €60.00 per night.