Recently, the lovely sea town of Castiglione della Pescaia in southern Tuscany was awarded with the title of European Town of Sport 2014. To celebrate this special recognition, it is organizing over 100 events from the 12th of April until the 22nd of June. The activities will involve not only national and international sport disciplines, but also cultural and eno-gastronomic fairs.
Among the most important events during this heated spring in the Maremma are:
- UCI World Cup para-cycling road, 8-11 May, involving athletes from all over the world, including Paralympic champion Alex Zanardi
- Soling Spring Trophy and MTB European Enduro Series, 18-19 April
- International amateur hockey trophy, 2-4 May
- Cyclo-touristic races, 13-18 May for all types of bicycle lovers, including “La Maremmana” competition on vintage bikes
- “The Sea Week”, 26-31 May, with lots of sports by the sea including the international beach tennis tournament.
Will you be in the area during this period of time? If yes, and if you love sports, or if you would simply love to visit this beautiful town, don’t miss this opportunity!