Are you a golfer looking for a new, exciting golf destination? Perhaps somewhere that allows you to enjoy this sport even in the European off-peak, colder season between October and March?
Here are 3 reasons why Maremma is the perfect spot for autumn and winter golfing in Italy!
- The southern coast of Tuscany attracts Italian golfers all year round thanks to its mild temperatures and sunny weather. In particular, the area around Monte Argentario has its own microclimate, meaning golf is possible 365 days a year thanks to the surrounding hills, the Orbetello Lagoon (a WWF-managed nature reserve) and the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- An increasing number of golfers from northern Europe flock here to escape from the inclement winter weather conditions at home, preferring the charms and fame of Tuscany to other destinations like Spain and Turkey.
2. Many golf choices
- Maremma has 4 golf courses: Argentario Golf Club, Saturnia Golf Club, Toscana Golf Club and Punta Ala Golf Club.
- Ideal golfing vacation: you can either travel around the area staying in different hotels, or choose one base and enjoy golfing day-trips in the surrounding courses – which are 30 to 90 minutes away from each other.
3. A “new” destination
- For decades, the beautiful Italian region of Tuscany has been a popular destination amongst holidaymakers who enjoy history, culture, art, and beautiful landscapes. However, over the past few years, it has also started to establish itself as a favourite destination for golfers too.
- Italy in general is a new golf destination, as confirmed by the 2014 IGTM (International Golf Travel Market) held in Italy for the very first time in October 2014.
- Why not explore places off the beaten track? Choose a rewarding golf experience that also allows you to get to know local traditions, less known places, new dishes. For example, the Maremma allows you to experience traditional festivals, delicious local cuisine & wines, hidden gems like Porto Ercole, Porto Santo Stefano, Sovana, Sorano and many others lovely places.
- Maremma is conveniently located near famous towns like Siena, Pisa, Florence, Rome, and near areas like the Chianti Shire… meaning you can also visit and enjoy the most popular destinations!
Have you ever golfed in Maremma? What was your experience like? Share below!